This recipe was adapted at Jamnation from an original Smucker's recipe. This easy appetizer combines everything you'd serve on a cheese plate into one elegant, scrumptious bite: cheese, jam, fruit and crispy base. Camembert and Rose to the Grindstone pair beautifully together and the strawberry lends a fresh tartness, which we recommend with a dry white wine or something sparkling.
Yield: 15 bites Active Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- Frozen phyllo cups (15 in a box)
- ¼ lb. Camembert
- 5-6 teaspoons Rose to the Grindstone
- 6 small strawberries, sliced
- Very small mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Trim rind from Camembert and cut cheese into fifteen ½" cubes. Note: Camembert is much easier to handle when it is cold
- Place phyllo cups on baking sheet with Camembert cube inside each cup.
- Bake in oven until cheese melts, 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and immediately top each with heaping ¼ teaspoon of Rose to the Grindstone
- Place strawberry slice on top of jam and top with a small mint leaf
- Serve immediately
Recipe and Photo reprinted with the permission of Jamnation