Sometimes you are so busy that you just don’t have time to cook a big meal. What can you do?
Do you have some nicely cooked leftover chicken, turkey, fish, tofu, or veggie burgers? With a little ingenuity, you can partner the leftovers with regular or gluten free pasta and any cooked and raw seasonal veggies that you have on hand. With a classic Bee Wild’s honey mustard dressing, you have a tasty, nourishing one dish meal.
- Leftover nicely prepared organic, free range Chicken, Turkey, Fish or sauteed tofu or veggie burgers - whatever amount you have works. For a family of 4, 2+ cups of protein is ideal
- A box of pasta, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely (Can substitute 4 green onions)
- 1/2 bell pepper (Can use red, orange, yellow or green, whatever you prefer)
- 1/2-1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes (to your taste)
- 1 handful of carrot shavings (a potato peeler is great for making the shavings)
- Handful of your favorite herb, chopped (Dill is a nice herb for both chicken and fish. Parsley always is a standby. Basil if you like Mediterranean food)
- 3-4 Tbsp Safflower Mayonnaise OR 1/2 cup organic Greek Yogurt
- 1 heaping Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp Bee Wild Raw Honey (Try Gallberry as it stands up well in recipes)
- Mix the last three ingredients to make your dressing. If you like your dressing a bit thinner, add a bit of rice wine vinegar. If you like salt, add organic sea salt or Himalayan salt to taste. You can add half your chopped herbs to the dressing. Let stand for 15-30 minutes in the fridge to let the flavors meld
- Cook and cool your pasta. Make sure it is drained well
- Put the chicken, pasta, and veggies in a large bowl
- Stir gently, so you don't break the pasta up
- Add dressing and stir gently
- Serve on a salad plate on a bed of spring salad greens. Sprinkle with your favorite chopped herb.
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of John Wright of Bee Wild Buzz