Coffee Spice Rubbed Spareribs Posted on 9 Aug 13:57 , 0 comments
We're always looking for an awesome rib recipe. Lucky for us, our friends from Mas Appetit rose to the occasion with this fantastic, versatile spice rub – it's aromatic, complex, and uniquely flavorful. But don't stop at pork, this rub is delicious on whatever meaty delight you fancy.
Coffee Spice Rubbed Spareribs Recipe By Mas Appetit
Prepping time: Overnight / Cook time: 90 / Total time: 24 hour / Servings: Rack
- 3 Tbsp Finely Ground Coffee
- 2 Tbsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 5 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Hella Smoked Chili Bitters
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 1.5 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1.5 Tbsp Ground Coriander
- 1.5 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 Tbsp Mustard Powder
- 1 Tbsp finely ground red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder, Cocoa Powder
- Olive Oil
- Sherry vinegar
- Drizzle the ribs all over with olive oil.
- Apply a generous amount of the spice rub to both sides, along with a few dash each of the bitters and sherry vinegar.
- Cover over and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, let ribs stand for 30 minutes prior to going in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Move ribs to a lined baking pan fitted with a rack.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of the baking pan, and then cover the ribs over tightly with tin foil.
- Place pan carefully in the oven and cook for 90 minutes, until the ribs are fork tender.
- Once cooked to the desired tenderness, set oven to high broil, uncover and cook ribs an additional 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Move to a serving plate and dress with BBQ sauce.
Recipe and Photo reprinted with the permission of Hella Company