Collard Green Casserole Posted on 7 Aug 17:42 , 0 comments
Collard Greens are a spectacularly healthy vegetable and are often among the lowest priced items at the green grocer. Even the pickiest eater will love this recipe created by Chef Belinda.
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- salt, pinch
- 6 collard green leaves, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup smoked turkey wing meat, chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chef Belinda's Everyday Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Bring rice, broth and butter to a boil in a small pan.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer until all liquid is evaporated, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan or skillet, and sauté onions, garlic and smoked turkey until onions are soft.
- Add collard greens and cook another 10 minutes. Season to taste with Everyday Spice Blend and crushed red pepper.
- Mix with rice and serve.
- If you do re-heat the following day, moisten with 1/4 cup of broth.
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Chef Belinda