Cream Cheese Truffles with Chocolate Drizzle Posted on 9 Aug 12:23 , 0 comments
This recipe is another from the amazing blog Sweet Things by Lizzie. Liz works magic with high quality baking ingredients, creating original recipes and photographs that make us want to hop a flight and visit her kitchen. Subscribe to her blog. You won't regret it! She will inspire you to bake desserts that may have seemed out of reach to you because she delivers clearly-written recipes.
In this recipe, Liz uses Original Cannoli Chips (Cookies and Cream variety) as the base of the truffle. Buy and extra bag at the store because you won't be able to stop eating them while you are baking.
This recipe makes approximately 30-truffles. Prep time is about 45-minutes including chilling time.
- 2 1/2 bags Original Cannoli Chips Cookies and Cream variety
- 12 ounces cream cheese cut into large cubes
- 4 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 3.75 ounces of dark chocolate
- In a food processor, place cannoli chips, powdered sugar and cream cheese
- Pulse until all ingredients are combined and form a ball
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper
- With a very small cookie scoop or your fingers, form about 25-30 bite-sized balls. Make them as big or as small as you like
- Place the pan in the refrigerator until they are very cold
- While they are chilling, use three separate microwave-safe cups and melt the three different chocolates. Liz starts with 30-seconds in the microwave, then stirs the chocolates. The white chocolate will likely take a full minute in the microwave. The semi-sweet chocolate will likely take up to 2-minutes. The dark chocolate will take no more than 1 minute
- When the truffles are cold, dunk half of them in white chocolate and the other half in semi-sweet chocolate. If you do not like white chocolate, dunk them all in semi-sweet chocolate. Liz holds each truffle on a fork to dip and lift each truffle, tapping the excess chocolate on the rim of a measuring cup
- When you have completed dunking all of the truffles, use a spoon to drizzle the dark chocolate on each truffle
- Place the truffles back in the refrigerator to cool until ready to serve
Keep the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.