Laura Sorkin, creator of this recipe, shared a story about cooking a lunch each week for the crew at Runamok Maple during sugaring season. One of the favorite dishes for the meal is biscuits poached in maple syrup. It is a regional dish that is part American, part Quebecois that the family of the manager at Runamok Maple has been preparing for years. This recipe is from his mother Debbie who got it from her mother. Laura adjusted the original recipe because it called for 2 – 2 ½ cups of maple syrup! Laura found 1 cup was plenty to create the perfect dish. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F
- Melt one stick of real butter and put in a 9 x 13 glass cake pan
- Add 1 – 1 ½ cup Runamok Maple syrup
- Make one dozen homemade or Bisquick biscuits and place on top of syrup mixture and let rest for 5 minutes
- Bake in 375 degree oven until tops are golden brown, approximately 20 to 25 min. Do not over bake or biscuits will be tough
Serve warm just as they are or add ice cream or whipped cream
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Laura Sorkin and Runamok Maple