Fig and Bourbon Pork Tenderloin Posted on 7 Aug 17:49 , 0 comments
From the brilliant Chef Belinda, maker of Chef Belinda Spices! The flavor combination of fig and bourbon with Chef Belinda Everyday Spice Blend is unforgettable!
- 1 cup dried figs, halved
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1-1/2 pound pork tenderloin, silver skin trimmed
- Chef Belinda Everyday Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a medium bowl place figs and bourbon. Set aside. Season tenderloin with spice blend on all sides. In a flat medium bowl, add flour and coat tenderloin on all sides. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add loin and brown on all sides. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add shallots and sauté until soft. Remove pan from heat and pour in figs and bourbon. Return to heat and add chicken stock, mustard, syrup and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Reduce temperature to low and return loin to skillet; cook, turning occasionally for 5-8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer loin from skillet to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Increase temperature to medium-high, whisk in butter and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce reduces to a thick syrup. Slice loin, transfer to a serving platter and spoon sauce and figs over before serving.
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Chef Belinda