Fresh Tomato Salad with Plums, Figs, Berries and Honey Vinegar Dressing Posted on 9 Aug 13:47 , 0 comments
This gorgeous and delicious salad recipe was created by Mary Beth Clark at the end of the summertime using the bounty of in-season ingredients. Ms. Clark is an award-winning cooking teacher, chef and founder of the International Cooking School of Italian Food and Wine. She is the author of Trattoria and a contributing author to the award-winning book Italy: A Culinary Journal. Her recipes have been included in the Cooking with Bon Appetit Cookbook Series and the Great Meals in Minutes Cookbook Series. Mary Beth has written articles,recipes and commentary in a wide variety of publications including Bon Appetit, House Beautiful. Food & Wine, LIFE, Organic Gardening, Specialty Food Merchandising and the NY Times. She has created an award-winning video and appeared as a guest chef for The Food Network, Lifetime's "Our Home", Crystal Cruises, American Craft Museum and participated in several radio programs. She has traveled the world studying cuisines and cultures and cooking. Her credentials are seemingly endless as is her talent.
We knew a culinary specialist and lover of great food like Mary Beth would truly enjoy this vinegar. We never imagined that she would create such a beautiful salad recipe using Lindera Farms Honey Vinegar. We thank Mary Beth Clark for granting Foodlyn permission to reprint the recipe and photo.
Ingredients - Salad
- Tomatoes (firm ripe Beefsteak, Campari, Green Zebra or other heirloom varieties)
- Cherry tomatoes (firm ripe Sweet 100s, Sun Drops, Heirloom Black Cherry, or other varieties)
- Plums (Italian purple plums, cherry-colored Victoria plums, plump Damsons with their bleuish-black skins)
- Berries (blackberries, raspberries)
- Tropical Fruit (Lychees, Rambutans, Coconut, Papaya or other)
- Scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Pistachios, shelled
- Leafy greens (Arugula, Frisee, Baby Spinach, Baby Kale)
- Fresh herbs: Parsley and Tarragon
- Salt to taste
Ingredients - Salad Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons Lindera Farms Honey Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- On individual serving plates or on a large platter, layer salad ingredients. Begin with leafy greens. Place the heavier fruit slices on top followed by lighter ingredients.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, scallion slices, nuts and herbs over the greens and fruit
- Lightly salt to taste
- Whisk the honey vinegar and oils together then drizzle over the salad. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo reprinted with the permission of Mary Beth Clark