You will be astounded by how easy it is to make your own pickles (with a kick!) in your very own kitchen. Recipe developed by Little Bird Confections in New York using their award-winning Little Bird Fire Syrup. Enjoy!
- 6-8 small to medium-sized Persian cucumbers (or 2-3 medium to large English cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Little Bird Fire Syrup
- Using either a very short knife or a mandoline set to a thin setting, slice all of the cucumbers into a large bowl that has a lid
- Pour the vinegar and the Little Bird Fire Syrup into the bowl. Mix to coat the cucumbers
- Cover the bowl with a lid a chill at least 4-hours. Flavors continue to develop the longer the cucumbers sit in the mixture. They are at their bes after 24-hours in the fridge
Enjoy on their own or on top of your favorite sandwich for a little sweet heat.
Makes approximately 2 cups.
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Little Bird Confections