Midnight in Pearis Butternut Squash Soup Posted on 8 Aug 12:31 , 0 comments
This hearty, healthy soup is the essence of fall. The butternut squash soup in is perfectly seasoned by the vanilla, nutmeg, and dash of cinnamon in Jamnation Jams Midnight in Pearis fruit butter. Add a bit of white pepper (a chef's secret weapon) and your family will be putting it away by the bowl-full.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 (3-4 lb.) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- ¾ cup Midnight in Pearis
- salt and white pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until onions are just soft.
- Stir in butternut squash and ginger. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 20 minutes or until the squash and carrots are soft.
- Stir in Midnight in Pearis to mixture.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup, or work in batches and transfer to a standing blender or food processor to puree, returning back to the pot.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Yield: 6 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Jamnation Jams