Turkey, Bean and Vegetable Chili Posted on 9 Aug 12:17 , 0 comments
This chili is full of veggies and protein. It’s packed with flavor and has mild, pleasant heat (unless you decide to kick it up a notch!).
- 1 pound ground turkey (or chicken or beef)
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional if you want it spicy
- 32oz, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 jars Due Cellucci Traditional sauce
- 15.5 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Brown turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat breaking up meat with a wooden spoon until it is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Mix in about half of the spice mixture (chili, paprika, cumin, oregano & optional cayenne). Turn off heat and set aside.
- Coat a large pot (cast iron is best, but not mandatory) with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, celery and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining spice mixture (chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, & optional cayenne).
- Add cooked turkey to pot and mix together.
- Stir in broth, both types of beans and Traditional sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring about every 5 minutes until the chili thickens to your desired consistency about 35-40 minutes.
Recipe and Photo reprinted with the permission of Due Cellucci