Super simple and very nourishing. A great meal for when you don’t have too much time, but still want something healthy that will warm your heart, and belly.
You can serve it with bread or rice, or just on its own.
- 2 x 400g canned butter beans or cannellini beans (or 250g dried beans, soaked in water overnight, cooked and drained)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Pastiche’s Baharat Spice Blend
- 400g canned crushed tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan, and fry the onions and celery until soft, about 5 minutes
- Add the Baharat and cook for a 1-2 minutes until fragrant
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add the beans and 200ml of water and cook on medium heat until the sauce thickens
- Add salt to taste. Garnish with cilantro
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Romi Hefetz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.