This is a hearty and healthy dinner that your family and friends will think is a very complicated recipe. But you can pull it together in a flash. We make it whenever we can find broccolini in the market in season. We always keep Italian sausage in the freezer and jars of Eat This Yum! Balsamic Caramelized Onions in the pantry. Make this dish as a main course or a side dish. Serves 2 as a dinner portion or 4-6 as a side dish.
- 2 Italian sausage links
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 1 jar of Eat This Yum Balsamic Caramelized onions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 small onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot bring 8 cups of water to a boil
- Remove end of stems from broccolini
- When the water comes to a full boil, add the broccolini, return to a boil, and cook over high heat for 2 minutes, until the stalks are crisp tender. Drain and immediately immerse the broccolini in a large bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking
- Drain in a colander and set aside. Roughly chop when cooled
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and cook links of Italian sausage until done
- Slice Italian sausage in 1/2 rounds
- Remove links from skillet, drain off most of the fat and saute onion and garlic until translucent
- Add broccolini and sausage to onions and garlic and toss until all ingredients are warm
- Add a few tablespoons of Eat This Yum Balsamic Caramelized Onions and toss into mixture
- Season with salt and pepper and serve
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Eat This Yum!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.