Chai Plum Compote
Visit your local farmer's market or green grocer in plum season and you can create an in-season delicious treat. Chai Plum Compote can be served in so many ways. Spoon it over ice cold vanilla bean ice cream. Turn plain yogurt into a dream breakfast or snack by serving it with chai plum compote and granola. Don't like granola? Top the compote with chopped raw pecans or walnuts...or toast the combined nuts for richer flavor! Or spread it over thick crunchy toast with your favorite nut butter or ricotta cheese. All we know is you will want to eat it by the spoonful when no one is looking!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh plums
- 3 Tbsp Dona Chai Tea Concentrate
- 1 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine Dona Chai, plums and sugar (if using)
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fruit is soft (10-15 minutes)
- Transfer to a jar or bowl and let cool
Yields approximately 1 cup.
Recipe and Photo reprinted with the permission of Dona Chai