Chai Spice Creamy Freezer Cake
In researching the origin of this recipe, we discovered that it was created by Chelsea Hunter, author of a gorgeous food and lifestyle blog called The Naked Fig. The recipes and photography on the blog are simply amazing. We instantly subscribed to Chelsea's blog, and we live to see her posts on the blog and Instagram.
In this recipe, Chelsea uses mostly raw ingredients and no refined sugar. We're not quite sure how she created this magical concoction that creates a simple but spectacular freezer cake. But we are grateful that she did!
- 4 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Dona Chai Tea Concentrate
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed
- Blend for up to 5-minutes to get a very creamy texture
- Pour into an 8-inch cake pan and freeze overnight
- Remove from freezer 30-minutes before serving
Recipe and Photo reprinted with the permission of Chelsea Hunter, The Naked Fig