Crab Cakes with Pad Thai Sauce
If you are looking for a recipe to create an appetizer that will impress, this one is for you. The crab cakes are full of flavor and simple to make. If you keep the ingredients in your pantry, you can put this recipe together in a flash. The recipe was created by Watcharee Limanon, a Thai culinary artist trained at some of the finest culinary schools in Bangkok. Her recipes are fun to make and are simple and delectable!
Ingredients - Crab Cakes
- 1 lb. lump crab meat, drained
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tbs.Watcharee's Pad Thai Sauce
- 2 tbs. cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 tbs. sesame seeds (optional)
- Lime wedges
Ingredients and Prep - Thai Sriracha Mayonnaise Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise (for lighter version use egg free, gluten free and dairy free mayonnaise)
- 3-4 tbs. Thai Sriracha chili sauce (or more to taste)
- Pinch of black pepper
Combine all ingredients. Store in refrigerator until serving time.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crab meat, egg, Pad Thai sauce, cilantro and panko and mix well
- Chill in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes
- Form into patties and broil for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve crab cake patties with pad Thai sauce or Thai Sriracha mayonnaise dressing. Sprinkle sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Makes 20 small crab cakes.
Recipe and Photo reprinted with the permission of Watcharee's Thai Sauces