This recipe mixes savory with sweet, french fried eggplant with a honey drizzle. Once you have tried this recipe, I suggest you try different vegetables with different honeys and see which you like. In this recipe, we suggest our Orange Blossom Honey as the drizzle. But, we think Wildflower Honey would be nice, too.
- One eggplant cleaned and sliced into 1/2 in thick rounds
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of flour seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, cayenne, and paprika
- Olive or Peanut Oil
- Bee Wild Orange Blossom or Wildflower Honey
- Soak eggplant in milk for a couple of hours
- Heat 1/2" to 3/4" oil in a cast iron skillet or frying pan on medium high
- Put seasoned flour on a plate
- Flour both sides of eggplant and shake off the excess
- Fry eggplant in oil until golden brown
- Remove from oil and set on paper towel to absorb excess oil
- Place eggplant on serving platter, sprinkle with finish salt, and drizzle with honey
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of John Wright of Bee Wild Buzz
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.