Grains of Paradise Encrusted Steak
A steak, when perfectly prepared, is an unforgettable experience. This recipe, created by Chef Belinda, will give you consistently delicious results time after time. Consider it an act of true love to serve it to family and friends.
- 1 tablespoon Chef Belinda Grains of Paradise, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 ribeye or your favorite cut
- Harissa olive oil
Whisky Herb Butter, Optional
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl mix Grains of Paradise, chipotle powder, and salt. Rub mix into each side of the steak. Wrap steak tightly in plastic film and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
- Remove steak from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling and sprinkle both sides with the olive oil. Preheat grill. Cook 4-5 minutes on one side until well-charred; flip and cook until temperature on an instant-read thermometer reaches 125F for medium-rare, 135F for medium and 145F for well-done. Transfer to a platter, tent with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with slices of herb butter.
- Mix all ingredients together and scoop onto a large piece of plastic film.
- Roll up into a log, securing ends, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Slice and serve.
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Chef Belinda