Grilled Honey Lime Chicken
In the summer we all look to spend less time “slaving over a hot stove.” So, grilling has become very popular. Since meat is grilled over high heat quickly, using a marinade creates tender, juicy, meat. If you add a salad and/or grilled vegetables, you have a healthful, delicious meal.
We love combining citrus with honey, so honey lime chicken has a flavor profile that appeals to almost everyone. Many Mexican dishes that use this combo, and the contrast between sour and sweet is quite refreshing. Note that this marinade is equally delicious used with shrimp or fish.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (We use tamari, because it is gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (Use a seasonal gourmet honey like Wildflower for spring and early summer)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped or pressed
- 4 large chicken breasts, whole or sliced (We use boneless, skinless organic free range chicken)
- Add soy sauce, lime juice, olive oil, honey, and garlic to a small bowl in that order (the olive oil will help the honey slide right out of the spoon). Whisk together thoroughly
- Place chicken in a large sealable bag and pour the marinade in. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. We prefer to do it for about four hours
- After marinating, grill chicken over high heat for about five minutes per side for slices or seven minutes per side for whole breasts, until cooked through
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of John Wright of Bee Wild Buzz