Lime Grapefruit Mojito
Incredibly refreshing. This recipe was created by Courtney Werp, Founder of Ballard Extracts. We are so happy she was inspired to write this recipe. It will be our go-to drink this summer using beautiful fresh citrus from our local green grocer.
- ¼ cup red grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup mint
- 2 ounces rum
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon Ballard Extracts’ Lime Extract
- Club soda
- Prepare the honey simple syrup by placing ¼ cup of honey and ¼ cup water in saucepan. Heat over medium heat stirring until honey is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Prepare the mojito by adding lime extract, grapefruit juice, 2 Tablespoons of honey simple syrup and mint to shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients until crushed. Add ice and rum to shaker and shake until cold.
- Strain into glass filled with ice and top with club soda.
Recipe reprinted with the permission of Courtney Werp.