This is a classic combination...ricotta on a crusty baguette topped with hazelnuts and meyer lemon honey. You'll be rewarded with a ton of compliments when your friends and family share this light but delicious appetizer. We do admit that we sometimes eat so many pieces that we end up skipping dinner. But that's OK...it's always worth it.
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 1/4 cups fresh Ricotta
- 1/4 cup Bee Wild Meyer Lemon Honey
- Zest of Half a Meyer Lemon (or Lime and Orange Zest Mixed) (use about 1-2 tbsps.)
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped, blanched hazelnuts
- Thinly slice rest of Meyer Lemon (or Lime and Orange) for garnish
- Preheat a broiler, oven or grill to medium-high heat
- Toast the bread until lightly golden brown on both sides-the bread should be crisp but still tender on the inside, not brittle
- Mix Ricotta, Meyer Lemon Honey, and Meyer Lemon zest
- Dollop Ricotta mixture on each piece of toast
- Decorate with thin Meyer Lemon Slice and Chopped Hazelnuts
Note: If you can't find Meyer Lemons, you can use half lime/half orange juice/zest in any recipe that requires Meyer Lemons
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of John Wright, Bee Wild
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.