This pumpkin cake recipe with maple cream glaze just screams out to you to be made repeatedly in the fall season. You don't need the typical pumpkin pie spices to make it. If you are a frequent baker and have canned pumpkin in your pantry, you are likely to have the other ingredients at the ready too. Nothing exotic here. But the taste is a very special treat that your family and friends will love. The glaze makes it special enough to take with you as a hostess gift for a brunch or dinner.
Ingredients - Cake
- 2 and 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 medium eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces solid pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients - Maple Cream Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour a bundt pan
- In a large bowl, mix oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla
- Add cinnamon, salt, baking soda and stir until combined
- Add pumpkin with a spatula and mix well. Add flour and stir until just combined. Do not over mix the batter, as the cake will become tough!
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the heat of your oven
- For the glaze, mix all ingredients and whisk until very smooth and the right consistency to drizzle over the cake. Set aside.
- When the cake is cool, turn out onto a baking rack
- Place some foil or parchment under the rack to catch the excess glaze. Using a fork, drizzle the glaze back and forth over the cooled cake. Make sure the cake is very cool before you glaze it or it will run off the cake!
Makes: One bundt cake
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 45-60 minutes
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Liz Horne, author of Sweet Things by Lizzie
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.