Turkey Massaman Curry Puff Pastries
This recipe, created by Watcharee Limanon, is always one of the most in-demand appetizer at our events and parties. Because of the limited ingredients, it is easy to create and serve these delectable pastries in large numbers. You should probably consider making more than you will think you will need because we have never seen a person stop at eating just one!
- 2 cups ground turkey breast
- 1 cup WATCHAREE'S Thai Massaman Curry Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ground peanuts
- 2 sheets puff pastry (1 package)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a silpat or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat, and add the turkey and WATCHAREE'S Thai Massaman Curry sauce.
- Once the turkey is cooked, add ground peanuts, remove from heat and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out each puff pastry sheet and cut each sheet into 9 equal squares about 3” x 3” per square. Use a rolling pin to flatten out each puff pastry piece.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the ground turkey mixture to each puff pastry square, fold to form a triangle, and seal the edges. Repeat the process with the remaining pastries and filling.
- Prepare egg wash by mixing an egg with water. Place pastries on the baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Makes: 18 puff pastries
Recipe and photo reprinted with the permission of Watcharee Limanon and Watcharee's