Not only is this dish incredibly delicious, it's healthy too! Enjoy!
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon Simply Ghee Maple Cinnamon Ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the squash
- With a chef's knife cut the squash in half starting at the stem end. Insert the knife until you've cut through the hollow center. Continue cutting around the squash until you end up at the stem
- Insert the knife or use your hands to split the squash apart
- Scoop out the seeds and place the acorn squash right side up in a baking pan
- Place the rack in the bottom third of the oven, then preheat the oven to 375-degrees
- Add a tablespoon of Simply Ghee Maple Cinnamon Ghee in a small bowl
- Mix in the spices to the ghee. Add salt and pepper to taste and blend in the bowl. Divide in half and rub spice mixture onto each half of the acorn squash
- Place in the oven. Roast squash for 45-60 minutes. When done, the halves will be nice and brown around the edges and caramelized. When you insert a knife into the flesh of the squash it will pierce all the way through
Right before serving, finish the roasted acorn squash with a little more Simply Ghee Cinnamon Ghee and season to taste.
Recipe and Photo reprinted with the permission of Simply Ghee
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.